The Alliance for Food Sovereignty in Africa announced the inaugural AFSA Africa Agroecology Awards, launching a call on 9 August 2021 for submissions from AFSA member networks and affiliates. In the following years, AFSA hopes to broaden the award and make it more accessible to the African public and establish it as the premier location for honouring African movements fighting for food sovereignty and agroecology in Africa.
his year, the Africa Agroecology Awards will honour the best agroecology leaders and initiatives in seven categories. The awards will be presented to exceptional leaders, groups and initiatives that have made a significant impact on scaling up agroecology in Africa and advancing food sovereignty by influencing practices, laws, policies, businesses, institutions, and the media.
The seven categories for the AFSA Africa Agroecology Award 2021:
- Best Local Government in Agroecology Award
- Best Youth-led Agroecology Project Award
- Best Women-led Agroecology Project Award
- Best Agroecology Entrepreneurship Award
- Best Civil Society Organization for Agroecology Award
- Best Academic/Agricultural Research Institute for Agroecology Award.
- Best Journalist in Agroecology Reporting Award
Learn more and apply here: https://afsafrica.org/the-alliance-for-food-sovereignty-in-africa-launches-the-afsa-africa-agroecology-awards/
The deadline to apply is Aug. 29, 2021