COVID-19 is an infectious viral disease that became an epidemic (it spread across your country) and is now a pandemic (it has spread across many countries). Your radio station can play a crucial role. You can help keep your listeners stay safe, and you can help them prevent the spread of this disease! Farm Radio International has developed a new Broadcaster how-to guide with key information for radio stations across Africa on how they can address COVID-19 and keep their listeners safe.
At a time when physical group meetings are unsafe, your station can be the essential forum for discussion and support about COVID-19 in your location.
Think about it.
- You broadcast in the local language.
- You have gained the respect of your listeners over the years for your reliable and factual programming.
- You regularly provide listeners with an opportunity to express their concerns on air.
No organization is better positioned to provide this essential service at this time!
This guide will help you produce and broadcast effective radio programs to best manage COVID-19 in your area. It will also link you to organizations that can help you. The guide covers:
- What is COVID-19? Who does it affect? How is it spread? Who is most affected (or vulnerable) during the pandemic?
- What are the World Health Organization (WHO) and national health guidelines for managing COVID-19?
- Prioritize women’s voices and concerns.
- What are the six purposes of effective COVID-19 programming?
- What challenges might your radio station face?
- How do you get started?
You will find the following appendices:
- Appendix 1: Where can we get more help from Farm Radio International and other sources to make effective COVID-19 programming?
- Appendix 2: Sample program elements and items that reflect the six purposes of effective COVID-19 programming.
- Appendix 3: Sample run sheet for an episode of a COVID-19 program.
Read the guide here: https://training.farmradio.fm/how-your-station-can-help-prevent-the-spread-of-covid-19-and-keep-your-listeners-safe/
Farm Radio International develops a variety of radio resources to support our network of more than 1,000 radio stations across sub-Saharan Africa. These resources include radio scripts, backgrounders, news stories, and Broadcaster how-to guides, as well as online training. Learn more at www.farmradio.fm.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.