Moderator: Jafari Bienvenue Luube
Theme and questions that guided the evaluation:
“A year of existence without interruption, what weaknesses, challenges to strengthen, what strengths to capitalize on for a future full of success of Radio Amani FM »
And therefore the assessment of the strengths and difficulties or weaknesses and strategies for the emergence of the Radio.
Among the strengths:
The mixed assembly composed of journalists from the Radio, presidents and members of Radio Clubs, local authorities, representatives of youth, women, Elders of the village, and civil society organizations was unanimously drawn up the list of strengths below:
- A truly community radio,
- A radio very popular with farmers, breeders and all social strata,
- A local radio,
- A radio that broadcasts information and messages on ecological agriculture,
- A good messenger of living together,
- A radio that positively transforms the behavior and mentality of farmers,
- A good player in social cohesion,
- An innovation in the community since the birth of the village there was not a local signal,
- Radio Amani is a signal already which predicts an integral development of the Mutambala sector community,
Among the challenges (weaknesses) the assembly has to take up:
- No newspapers that even include political information on Radio Amani,
- The power cut from time to time which disrupts the broadcasts,
- The wooden antenna that operating the Radio is a major challenge,
- The presenters (trainee journalists) still have a lot to do in their presentations of programs on the whole repetition of expressions several times, it seems like a tautology,
- Lack of alternation at the microphone it happens that ‘a journalist spends more time alone on the radio,
- Interference and exclusion of other radio stations by Radio Amani, which prevents listeners from following other radio stations,
- The radio staff is not permanent at the radio,
- The proximity of the radio to the radio clubs is reinforced,
- Journalists do not inform their bosses (listeners) of the difficulties of the radio
STRATEGIES AND RESOLUTIONS FOR THE EMERGENCE OF AMANI FM RADIO
+ Collaboration, closeness in the real sense between the radio and the listeners,
+ Improvement of radio services,
+ Establishment of a local commission for mobilization and collection of donations, contributions, contributions from the local population to help the radio. Donations and contributions in kind and money!
+ Establishment of own community fields for the Radio where listeners, journalists and local populations of all strata will participate in plowing, sowing, weeding, and harvesting to finance the radio,
+ Do everything to provide the radio with new good-brand batteries for long-lasting solar power that runs the radio smoothly,
+ Strengthen the Radio’s coverage area the radio to the world through the creation of a website.
+ Fence the plot of the radio.
All the elements of the analysis have been well noted and the conclusion is that a joint radio development commission will be set up.
After the scientific evaluation day, a football match pitted journalists from Radio Amani FM against listeners and members of the community active in Radio Listening Clubs!
The final score of the match was two goals to nil in favor of the journalists of Radio Amani FM, Radio Amani 2 – 0 Radios Clubs.
The secretariat was provided by the trainee journalist WILLY.
Radio Amani FM thanks all those who from far or near have joined it for the success of this one-year anniversary day of its signal (March 21, 2021 – March 21, 2022) a year of existence without interruption!
One of the resolutions has already been carried out, being the opening of the Radio to the world through a website which is: www.amanifm.org
Thanks to the partners:
- CLUBS RFI (Uvira, Lusenda and Mulongwe),
- Radio France Internationale (RFI),
- ACCESS AGRICULTURE Belgium,
- INTERNATIONAL RURAL RADIO CANADA,
- THE LOCAL POPULATION